Don’t get charged for calls to your 0870
Ofcom have announced that they will be making changes to the charges and pricing of 0870 numbers. These changes will affect you and your 0870 phone number.
From Saturday 1st August 2009:
- The regular cost of calling 0870 numbers will be reduced to match that of calling a national number
- Anyone who owns an 0870 number with Gradwell will be charged for receiving calls at a rate of £0.0214 (2.14 pence) per minute.
Actions you need to take:
- If you wish to keep the number you do not have to do anything, but be aware that you will be charged for calls made to your 0870 number as stated above from August 1st.
- If you need to keep your 0870 number, but do not want the expense, we can supply you with an 0844 number (subject to £100 + VAT set up fee), on which you will receive shared revenue. Please call our sales team immediately 01225 800 808 for further details.
- If you still require a number but don’t want an 0870 or 0844 number, we recommend you purchase a geographical number (01 and 02) or one of the new 03 range that Ofcom have brought in to replace 0870. We also offer 0800 and 0845 numbers
We understand that this change is likely to cause inconvenience and expense, but Ofcom have brought these changes into effect as a direct response to customer feedback.