We’re offering one lucky startup the chance to get their hands on a three year superfast fibre business broadband connection from Gradwell, completely free of charge. Two lucky runners up will also be in with a chance to win 12 months’ worth of connection.
What do you need to do to be in with the chance of winning these fantastic prizes? Well that’s simple.
Has your business got an interesting origin story? Would you like the chance to share the tale of how your startup got off the ground with a number of other organisations?
If that’s the case, then we’d like to hear from you.
Here at Gradwell, we love small businesses. As they begin to grow, startup companies and SME’s face hardships and trials that larger corporations couldn’t even imagine, and we’d like to applaud that. It’s with this in mind that we decided to launch our newest competition: Startup Stories.
For your chance to win, all we ask is that you send us a brief story (500 words maximum) of how your start-up began; detailing the defining moments that shaped your business, and highlighting the challenges and struggles that you faced building the foundations of your venture.
Stories can be sent to: email@example.com
Whether it’s a funny idea that prompted you to invent an intuitive new product, or a lifelong dream that you one day decided to drop everything and follow, we want to hear about it.
We’ll begin accepting entries from June 6th and the competition will close on August 1st; which means you have almost two whole months to send us your short story, filled with the highs and lows of how your business came to be.
Showcase Your Startup
Each month we’ll showcase a selection of our favourite stories right here on the blog, so we ask to refrain from sending us tales which are previously published elsewhere online.
If we do publish your piece, we’ll let you know so that you can inform your fans where they can find out more information about their favourite brand.
We’ll spend August looking through the entrants and will whittle it down to our top five stories. We’ll then publish a post, showcasing our top five and ask our readers to decide which story is there favourite. The post with the most votes wins. Those who come in second and first place in terms of votes will be declared runners-up.
The overall winner and the two runners-up will be announced mid-September. Votes will be cast via a poll on our site, so be sure to tell all your fans how they can help your brand by putting their vote forward.
Remember to send your stories to: firstname.lastname@example.org and include the relevant achievements and contact details (name, number and email) in case we need to get hold of you.
The competition opens first thing next week, so send us your startup stories, and good luck!
Terms and conditions apply.
Terms and Conditions
- This competition is promoted by Gradwell
- Entrants can only submit one story per start-up.
- The competition closes on August 1st. No entries will be accepted after this date.
- Please refrain from sending any text containing expletives. Offensive content will not be published or shared.
- Gradwell retains the right to use any text sent to our site for content purposes at a later date.
- A selection of five stories will be picked mid-August by the Gradwell team.
- The final winner will be determined by the highest amounts of votes. Runners-up will be chosen from the entrants with the second and third highest votes.
- The winner will be notified by email once the competition is closed mid-September (date tbc). If the winner does not claim the prize within 7 days of being notified, Gradwell retains the right to award this prize to a different entrant.
- Employees of Gradwell and their relatives are not eligible to enter.
- Gradwell will provide an EFM line connection to the winning companies. The average UK business is 2.4 km from the exchange and at 2.4km the EFM service would provide 12Mbps upload and download speed.
- Gradwell reserve the right to provide an alternative product at a similar performance.
- Gradwell retains the right to substitute this prize with another item or service of similar value in the event that the original prize offered is no longer available.
- Applicants must be 18 and over.
- If you have any questions regarding the prize draw please contact: email@example.com with the text ‘Competition Question’ as the subject header.
- By entering this competition you are accepting the terms and conditions.
Startup Stories via Bigstock
Professionals via Bigstock