We are a leading provider of communications technology to the UK’s SMEs. We are trusted by over 8,000 businesses to provide everything from cloud phone systems and voice products to broadband and connectivity.
We’re well placed for the COVID-19 pandemic. Cloud-based phone systems and related solutions are increasingly important – they’re helping businesses to enable their employees to work from anywhere. We’re therefore expanding our team to help us drive qualified, high-intent leads to our Sales team and grow our business.
What you'll be doing
Our SDR team is key to our growth, providing high quality leads and opportunities for our Sales team through both outbound prospecting and nurturing inbound leads via our website.
Outbound prospecting involves talking to our target market about how we can help them and their organisations with our products. To succeed, you need to use all channels available to you, including cold calling, email, social media and video. You’ll also need to be enthusiastic, good-humoured, positive and dedicated to solving problems. We have some of the best tools to help you, from great data sourcing to video creation, sales and prospecting automation.
Inbound qualification involves answering inbound emails, phone calls and live chat on our website to convert casual interest into qualified leads. This is important as our Marketing team drives initial enquiries and interest, but our SDRs turn this into potential value. Being informative, helpful and prompt on these channels (particularly live chat) is crucial for our new business development. You’ll be working with two other SDRs, with lots of support and advice from our Head of Direct Sales and Head of Marketing to help you succeed.
What you'll get
- £22k basic + monthly bonus (c.£26k + OTE)
- Good work/life balance
- Friendly and supportive team
- Great bonus scheme
- A laptop and headset
- Life Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free broadband and phone services
- Contribution towards eye care
You will be working alongside two Internal Sales Executives and our Direct Sales team, together with Marketing. This is a key role for the team as you’ll experience the entire customer lifecycle, from lead generation to consultative selling, onboarding and renewals.
What we're looking for
Essential Personal Attributes
- Enthusiasm and can-do attitude
- Excellent negotiation and skills, with an ability to convince time-poor prospects
- Superb verbal communication skills
- Excellent written English
- Comfortable with significant volume of cold calling and emailing
- Comfortable on video calls and simple recordings
- Comfortable using a variety of software and cloud-based tools
- Sales experience, particularly with voice or connectivity products (business phone systems, SIP solutions, broadband etc)
- Cold calling (or receptionist/gatekeeper) experience
- Experience working in a growing small/medium sized business
- Experience using business live chat platforms (Drift/Intercom/Olark etc)
- Experience using sales automation platforms (Outreach, Prospect.io, Salesloft)
- Experience with CRM and database systems (Salesloft, Hubspot etc)
- Meet and exceed monthly lead targets
- Convert inbound web/phone/email interest with prompt follow-up on a variety of channels
- Help potential buyers understand our products and services to maximise potential interest and potential sales opportunities
- Help identify leads from a variety of sources that meet our Ideal Customer Profiles (ICPs)
- Research prospects and their accounts using a variety of channels and tools
- Contact potential prospects using a range of methods, tracking progress through sales automation tools
- Manage data effectively in sales automation and CRM
How to apply
Send us a CV and covering letter, outlining why you think you are right for the role, via the button below.