We are a leading provider of communications technology to the UK’s SMEs. We are trusted by over 8,000 businesses to provide everything from cloud phone systems and voice products to broadband and connectivity.
We’re well placed for the COVID-19 pandemic. Cloud-based phone systems and related solutions are increasingly important – they’re helping businesses to enable their employees to work from anywhere. We’re therefore expanding our team to help us drive qualified, high-intent leads to our Sales team and grow our business.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Product Manager based in the Products Team.
Your main responsibility will be to develop Gradwell’s Product portfolio, working on a number of internally developed and third party product propositions to ensure we consistently have a best in class range of products and services to offer our diverse customer base.
Core skills required are:
- Contribute to the product strategy
- Plan and execute product launches and updates
- Manage in-life product development based on customer feedback and market insights
- Contribute ideas based on research to the Product Steering Group
- Develop business cases and high-level requirement to help set development priorities
- Ensure existing portfolio and new offerings are commercially viable, working with the Commercial Team to verify costs and expected margins
- Provide market insights and competitor analysis to the business
- Keep up to date with industry news and market developments
- Work with the Marketing Team on any Marketing activity, collateral and website content
- Represent the customer in small, cross functional development teams
- Articulate the product vision to Development – developing User Stories
- Own the Product Backlog for your product streams, set priorities and contribute to Sprint Planning sessions
- Spend time with customers and partners both on the phone and in person to understand their requirements
- Deliver outcomes that benefit customers and meet our overall corporate goals
- Have a solid grasp on high level commercials and work closely with finance and commercial teams to build business cases
- Have a well-informed understanding of market commercials and competitiveness
- Ensure the necessary operational support is in place to support an agile product environment
- Deliver planned, well executed rollout of new products or services, ensuring all relevant departments are briefed and any required marketing activity is in place
- Develop and deliver high quality knowledge transfer materials to ensure the different teams across the business are prepared to deliver the proposition
To be the expert of the Products and Services you manage and assist with queries once internal processes have been followed in Sales, Customer support, Engineering and Finance
To be the champion of the customer in terms of customer experience and user experience of software e.g. control panels, menus etc.
Keep in touch with Gradwell Customers and obtain regular feedback to help guide Product development
- Be the lead for vendor management for your portfolio products
- You will be working alongside the Head of Products and two other Product Managers
- Data driven and analytical
- Experience in Saas or hosted service propositions
- B2B direct or channel exposure
- Experienced in the telecoms or IT Managed services sectors
- Able to demonstrate progress using KPIs
- UX design and testing
- Highly numerate with excellent communication skills
- You will have previous experience of Product Management in a similar field
- Adaptable and pragmatic with the ability to adapt focus of activity and drive to suit market conditions
- Team player with the ability to positively influence peers
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a flexible approach and with strong attention to detail, you will clearly be a good planner and organiser
- Good understanding of relevant technology and software, Voice and Connectivity would be an advantage
- Educated to degree level or be able to demonstrate sufficient experience.
Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner and manages departments expectations. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities. Gives and welcomes feedback. Contributes to building a positive team spirit whilst supporting everyone’s efforts to succeed
Problem solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathering and analyzing information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions and escalates as appropriate
Technical skills – Commits to being knowledgeable and up-to-date within relevant technologies. Strives continuously to build knowledge and skills within ICT, especially within the business’ core areas. Shares expertise and knowledge with others
Time Management – Prioritise, plan the workload in accordance with the team managers with high efficiency.
Gradwell has a unique and valued culture. All Gradwell employees can identify strongly with the personality traits and values set out below.
Engaging – Working with diverse Engineering teams and getting the best from them
Disciplined – To meet tight timelines and drive the teams to success
Down to Earth – Gradwell people are straight forward and grounded
Friendly – Gradwell people like to make the work place a fun and relaxed place to be
Helpful – Gradwell people will always look for ways to help each other and their customers
Persistent – Gradwell people can be relied upon to get the job done – whatever it takes
How to apply
Send us a CV and covering letter, outlining why you think you are right for the role, via the button below.