ITSPA recommends that customers choose VoIP providers who are members of ITSPA and comply with our strict Code of Practice.
The ITSPA Code of Practice enables customers of ITSPA members to make complaints about a breach of the ITSPA code of practice directly to ITSPA. ITSPA cannot become involved in complaints regarding non-ITSPA members.
The following information should be read before making a complaint about an ITSPA member:
- The complaint against an ITSPA member should first be registered with the member in question.
- The ITSPA member must respond to the complainant within 5 working days, copying the Secretariat into the response. If the member is unable to respond, they must contact the Secretariat to explain their position.
- The ITSPA member must endeavour to resolve the complaint within 10 working days. The complainant should be informed via email, letter, telephone call or in person.
- If a complaint cannot be resolved, then the complainant should contact the Secretariat. The complaint should be set out in an email or letter, which the Secretariat will forward on to the member.
- The ITSPA Council will review the complaint and decide on appropriate action within 3 months.
Further details are provided within the ITSPA Code of Practice itself, including the possible sanctions that the ITSPA Council can pursue, should a member contravene the Code of Practice. These details are provided below. The Code of Practice can be viewed in its entirety on the ITSPA website ( http://www.itspa.org.uk/cop.htm).