This role will be mainly focused on developing and expanding our Platform Development function.
We are offering you the opportunity to play a key part in building new systems on a modern platform, utilising best-in-class tooling and a service-oriented architecture approach.
Essential Job Requirements
- Firm understanding of object-oriented development
- Experience of automated unit tests e.g. junit
- Understanding of SQL databases
- Experience of development on Linux and comfortable using the command line
- Ability to provide input into how solutions are conceptualised, architected, and implemented
- Ability to work well with different teams and across disciplines to identify the best solution
- Experience of distributed version control systems (e.g. Git or Mercurial)
- An appreciation of RESTful APIs
- Understanding of Agile development
- Understanding of continuous integration & continuous delivery
- Unix scripting (e.g. Bash)
- System configuration & automation, ideally Puppet
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience with Kamailio and/or OpenSIPS
- Experience with Asterisk
- Experience with Debian Linux and GNU build tools (e.g. Automake)
- Experience of the Atlassian suite including JIRA, Bamboo, Fisheye, Crucible, and Confluence
Desirable – Degree in software engineering or a related subject.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner and manages departments expectations. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities. Gives and welcomes feedback. Contributes to building a positive team spirit whilst supporting everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Problem solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathering and analyzing information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions and escalates as appropriate.
- Technical skills – Commits to being knowledgeable and up-to-date within relevant technologies. Strives continuously to build knowledge and skills within ICT, especially within the business’ core areas. Shares expertise and knowledge with others.
- Time Management – Prioritise and plan the migrations work load in accordance with the project team.
Salary & Benefits
A competitive base salary.
There is an element of flexible working, and after probation, the hours can be adjusted to suit (core hours are 1000 to 1600). The role is based in our Bath office, and you would initially be expected to work from the office full-time (i.e. this is not a teleworker role).