Java Team Lead
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced software engineer to lead our Java development team based in central Bath. We are a leading technology and communications company who specialise in VoIP, Connectivity, and Cloud services
The purpose of this role is to create the next generation of RESTful APIs to expose our Calls platform for our direct customers, portals, and partners. This work requires close communication with our Product and Support teams to gain a deep understanding of the customer’s needs.
The Development team is expanding from an overall development team of 13 in Bath. This is an opportunity to build new systems on a modern platform, utilising best-in-class tooling and a service- oriented architecture approach.
There is an element of flexible working, and after probation the hours can be adjusted to suit (core hours are 1000 to 1600). The role is based in our Bath office, and you would initially be expected to work from the office full-time (i.e. this is not a teleworker role).
- Lead the Java development team.
- Mentor and develop the engineers in your team.
- Demonstrable experience of creating RESTful APIs using Spring.io
- A robust understanding of Linux.
- Be a technical authority for projects, and provide input into how solutions are conceptualised, architected, and implemented.
- A firm foundation in Object Orientated development using Java.
- Experience with version control systems, and an understanding of change control and software versioning.
- The ability to work well with different teams and across disciplines to identify the best solution.
- Understanding of Agile development.
- Experience of automated unit tests e.g. junit.
- Experience of distributed version control systems (e.g. Git or Mercurial).
- Experience with Amazon Web Services.
- Understanding of continuous delivery.
- Understanding of continuous integration.
- Experience of the Atlassian suite including JIRA, Bamboo, Fisheye, Crucible, and Confluence.
- Degree in software engineering or a related subject.
Salary & Benefits
A competitive basic salary.