Cookies are small text files that are placed automatically on your computer or mobile device when you browse the web.
The cookies we use allow us to:
- Make our Website work as you would expect;
- Remember your settings during and between visits;
- Improve the speed and security of our Website;
- Make improvements to our Website;
- Improve our marketing efficiency.
Details about the various types of cookies we use are set out below.
More about Gradwell’s Cookies
Website Function Cookies
- Remembering your search settings;
- If you have signed in to one part of our Website, remembering your ID throughout that session and/or when moving to other parts of the site;
- Remembering content of your shopping cart when purchasing items from our online store.
Disabling these cookies should still allow basic browsing of our main Website but will likely result in the functions which require you to sign in to stop working correctly or at all.
Third Party Websites
Our Website, like most Websites, includes functionality provided by third parties.
Our Website uses the following cookies set by third parties:
- Get Satisfaction – see below;
- Google Analytics – see below;
- Disqus – which allows visitors to comment on our blog posts and rate the content;
- Social Media Services – see below.
Disabling these cookies will likely result in the functions offered by these third parties to stop working correctly or at all.
Visitor Statistics Cookies
- How many people have visited our Website;
- What type of device they are using (which allows us to make sure visitors to the Gradwell Website enjoy an excellent experience regardless of the device type);
- How long they spend on the Website, what pages they look at and so on.
We use this information to continuously improve our Website and refine our marketing practices. These web analytics services also let us know how visitors arrive at our Website (for instance, either from a search engine site or a direct link) and whether they have been here before.
We collect visitor statistics using:
- Google Analytics. This allows us to understand where our visitors have come from, how they arrived and pages which interested them while they were visiting. By collecting that information we can determine what content is popular and how are visitors like to use our Website. This allows us to make continual improvements to our Website resulting in a better user experience;
- Get Satisfaction. Gradwell use this service to allow customers visiting our Website to leave feedback on how they rate our services. The cookie set by Get Satisfaction allows us to understand where our visitors have come from when they leave such feedback.
Social Media Cookies
So you can easily interact with or share our content using Facebook and Twitter and similar social media websites, we have included sharing buttons at various locations across our Website.
Cookies are set by:
- Facebook – provides for content to be “liked” etc. by clicking the relevant buttons on various pages throughout our Website;
- Twitter - allows content to be “tweeted” by clicking the relevant buttons on various pages throughout our Website;
- Google Plus – allows content to be shared via Google Plus by clicking the relevant buttons on various pages throughout our Website.The privacy implications of using these social media services will vary depending on the service involved and will depend on the privacy settings you have chosen on these social networks.
You can usually disable cookies by adjusting your web browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies. However, this will likely limit the functionality of our Website (and most of the others you visit using that web browser).
The method for disabling cookies and adjusting the cookie settings will depend on which web browser you are using.
Instructions for doing this in the most common web browsers can be found below:
For more information, you may wish to visit www.allaboutcookies.org which contains comprehensive information on how on how to manage cookies using a wide variety of web browsers.